<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: "Creamed" Spinach (Dairy Free, Grain Free)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Creamed" Spinach (Dairy Free, Grain Free)

I came up with this "creamed" spinach quite awhile ago after a craving for it came upon me.  I cannot truthfully say that my kids particularly enjoy creamed spinach, or any spinach for that matter.  But my husband and I loved it.

"Creamed" Spinach (Dairy Free, Grain Free)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup ghee
2 (16 oz.) containers of fresh spinach, stems trimmed
1/2 sweet onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
salt and pepper, to taste
dash nutmeg
1 1/2 cups cashew milk
1/2 to 1 cup Pecorino Romano, grated (optional)

Instructions:

Heat large saute pan on medium to medium low.  Add ghee.  Saute onion until soft.  Add spinach.  Cover.  Continue checking and stiring until spinach wilts but doesn't overcook.  Remove cover.  Add garlic, salt and pepper and stir.

Remove spinach mixture and place in bowl.  Set aside.

In same saute pan, add cashew milk.  Stir until bubbly and thickening.  Add dash of nutmeg and stir.  Add spinach and stir to coat. 

Place in shallow baking pan.  (I used quiche dish.)  Top with Pecorino Romano if desired.

At this point, place baking pan under broiler for a few minutes until golden and bubbly.



Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 30, 2012 at 11:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that sounds (and looks) SO delicious! i've been CRAVING creamed spinach ever since going GFCF --- thanks for sharing!

 
At May 31, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it. Let me know how it works for you.

Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home