<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: Peanut Butter Date Balls with Chocolate Chips (Dairy Free, Gluten and Grain Free, Refined Sugar Free)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Date Balls with Chocolate Chips (Dairy Free, Gluten and Grain Free, Refined Sugar Free)

My kids are always hungry and looking for something to snack on.  They also happen to be peanut butter fiends.  So, I threw these together the other day in the hopes they would get eaten.  Now, I'm having to make another (double) batch.

These should be stored in the fridge.  You can also roll them in cacao powder if you like.  If you're staying away from peanuts, I'm sure almond butter or sun butter could be substituted.  If you do that, I'd love to know how they turn out!  Please post your variations in the comments section below. 

I've added this post to Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love and Allergy Free Wednesday Blog Hop.  Hop on over there to see other delicious allergy free recipes.  Enjoy-

Ingredients:
2 cups blanched almond flour  (I use Honeyville)
1 1/2 cups pitted dates (soaked first if too dry)
2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
1 cup freshly ground peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup allergy free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)

Instructions:
Coarsely chop dates in food processor.  Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips and process until well ground and mixed.

Dump mixture into a bowl and mix in chocolate chips by hand.  Using a melon scoop, scoop into balls and roll.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At February 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Ooh, I definitely want to try these with almond butter. We can't do peanut butter at our place, but we love this type of thing with almond butter. And I really like desserts sweetened with dates.

 
At February 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Thanks Katie! They are so easy to make. Please let me know how the almond butter turns out. I'd like to try it for a change. Thanks for posting a comment! I love your blog list. Are you a sewing enthusiast? I love to sew even more than cooking I think...

 
At February 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look great! My kids are always hungry so I'll have to make these for them :)

 
At February 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Let me know what they think! My kids (and husband too) snack on them throughout the day. My daughter likes to look at them on the baking sheet (after I've rolled them) and say, "Aaaaand I pick YOU!" and then gobble the one she picked. Too funny. Hope your peeps enjoy.

 
At February 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Blogger danielle said...

Chocolate is definitely going to be one of the first things I add back in to my diet if all keeps going well...can't wait to try these in a few months!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous Nancy @Real Food, Allergy Free said...

Mmm. I could eat the whole batch! Thanks for sharing at allergy free Wednesdays. Looking forward to seeing you again next week.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Danielle - I think these would be delicious even without the chocolate. I hope your healing is progressing and you're feeling better every day. Nancy - thank you!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Havalah said...

I don't understand-- Chocolate chips have dairy and sugar ? !

 
At February 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Havalah - Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips are dairy, soy and gluten free. They do use evaporated cane juice to sweeten, so yes, they have some sugar - though not enough to be a problem for us. They can easily be left out for just a peanut butter ball if desired. - Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home