<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: Garlicky Greens with Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)

Friday, April 13, 2012

Garlicky Greens with Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)

I'm musing today about garlic...I know, it's weird, but for me, not so much.  I adore garlic.  I've always adored garlic - even before I knew it that it's actually one of the best medicinal foods around!  

Now, pair together lots of garlic with nutrient loaded kale?  You have a marriage made in Heaven.  As much as I love kale, both the curly and black varieties, if I'm having an intestinal flare-up, I would substitute a softer green such as Swiss Chard and/or baby Bok Choy.

This recipe was inspired by Williams-Sonoma's Spaghetti with Garlicky Greens which had my mouth watering.

We eat this as a side dish, but it would make a great vegetarian dish paired with a salad.

Garlicky Greens with Zoodles (zucchini noodles) (gluten free, dairy free) 

Ingredients:
extra virgin olive oil
2 bunches of kale (either curly variety or black - a/k/a Italian kale and Lacinato kale)
4-6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed (You know how many I lean toward...)
5 large zucchini, made into zoodles
1/2 cup white wine (I use Chardonnay)
water
salt and pepper
Pecorino Romano, grated to taste

Instructions:
Wash and chop kale.  Set aside.  Using julienne tool, make noodles out of zucchini.  Set aside.  (See Chicken Zoodle Soup).

Heat large skillet on medium.  When hot, add olive oil.  Add kale and about 1 cup of water.  Cover and cook until kale is tender, adding water if it gets dry.

Remove lid; add garlic and saute.  Add wine and stir.

Add zoodles and continue to saute, turning with tongs until just tender but not soggy.

Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve with Pecorino if desired. 


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

Hope you're well!

This looks soooo good! I'm nuts about garlic. I completely understand about the kale too. Flare-up or not, it really bothers my digestion. I do better when it's cooked. Overall, this dish is a winner! Can't wait to try. I'm sharing this one.

Hugs,
-Amber

 
At April 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM , Blogger April Candice said...

This looks amazing! I am verry excited to give it a try!
Great work

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home