<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: Sauteed Baby Bok Choy

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sauteed Baby Bok Choy

Baby Bok Choy is my new broccoli.  I don't know about you, but broccoli was my every week veggie of choice.  Sorry, broccoli, you've been replaced...

This bok choy is so very tender and simple to make.  In fact, I hate to even make this an official "recipe", but here goes -

Ingredients:
4 heads of baby bok choy
1-2 cloves garlic, sliced, minced or pressed 
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
To prepare bok choy:  Cut off end.  Pull leaves off and wash well.  Layer leaves on top of one another and then roll stack lengthwise.  Slice into ribbons. Set aside in colander.  

Meanwhile, heat saute pan to medium.  When hot, add olive oil.  

Throw in bok choy and stir.  (There should be water clinging to the leaves in order to create steam.  If not, add a little water to pan.)  Cover and allow to steam for a few minutes.  It doesn't take long.

Next, remove pan from heat, throw in garlic and stir.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Return to heat and cook, stirring until bok choy is tender, but not overdone.  (i.e. lost it's color and turned grayish green) 

NOTE:  I make one head of baby bok choy per person.  Enjoy!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There Jen,

Simple and delicious. I've never sauteed Bok Choy! What a fabulous idea. I've been sauteing a lot of cabbage, but my digestion just can't take it these days. Love my greens, but it's hard to find one that agrees with me.

I will have to try this for sure!

Hugs,
--Amber

 
At March 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM , Blogger The Gluten-Free 'Dish' said...

I am always looking for new, simple ways to prepare veggies! Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home