<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon

Monday, January 23, 2012

Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon

I was fumbling in the freezer the other day looking for some dinner inspiration, and came across a couple of salmon fillets waaaaaay in the back - quite lonely and forgotten.  I defrosted them in the fridge and threw this meal together in a snap.

It got rave reviews from my kiddos and I wanted to pass it onto you.  I served it with baked sweet potatoes (a treat for us as it's not SCD compliant) and some sauteed baby bok choy.

We're all salmon fans, but I think this recipe would work with any fish.  If you try it on a different type of fish, please let me know how it turned out in the comments section below.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
4 salmon fillets 

4 tablespoons course grain mustard (I used Boar's Head deli style)
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire (you can omit to make SCD compliant)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Instructions:
Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry.  Place fillets in gallon-sized zip-top plastic bag.

Whisk together next 7 ingredients.  Pour over fillets.  Remove air from bag and zip closed.  Marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.

Remove salmon from bag and place on baking sheet.  Drizzle marinade on top of each fillet.  Broil until glaze has browned, flip, then drizzle with more marinade and broil other side until fish is flaky and glaze is nicely browned.

(I think this would be yummy served with Apple Mango Salsa...)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At January 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately that I LOVE YOU! Gorgeous as always. Can't wait to try!

Hugs,
--Amber

 
At January 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

I can't seem to find your email? Is it right in front of me? Anyway, I wanted to share a new weekly blog-hop with you that starts tonight. I've attached the link, but would love to provide you with more details.

Hugs,
--Amber

Link: http://www.thetastyalternative.com/2012/01/test-allergy-free-wednesdays-blog-hop.html

 
At January 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Awwww shucks. Love you to Amber. I put my email in a comment on your post. Looking forward to learning more about the blog hop! - Jen

 
At January 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Jen said...

FYI- I just tried this the other night on mahi and it was great. I served it with apple mango salsa (recipe under condiments). Hope you enjoy!

 
At March 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There Jen,

Just a note to let you know I shared your awesome dinner/main dish inspired recipe on my monthly recipe round-up. If you get a chance, come on over and check out the other dinner ideas ranging from meat-based to vegan.

http://www.thetastyalternative.com/2012/03/monthly-round-up-march-2012.html

Dinner is served ya’ll!

Hugs,
--Amber

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home