<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: Roasted Tomatoes

Friday, August 19, 2011

Roasted Tomatoes

I Say Tomato.... 

I absolutely LOVE these roasted tomatoes and though I primarily use them IN recipes, I have been known to eat at least one on a piece of grain free bread every time I make them.  (It's YUMMY.)

I basically use these beauties in recipes that call for canned diced tomatoes, or any time I want to have a nice concentrated tomato flavor.  

You can chop them up and throw them in soup or toss them in with sauteed veggies like kale or Swiss chard. (recipe to come) I make them in large batches and keep them in the fridge or freeze them.  I'd like to experiment and try them in a BBQ sauce recipe - I wonder if I have time for that today...

I'd love you to share a favorite recipe you might use these roasted tomatoes in.  If you have one - post in the comments and let me know!  I'd love to try it! 

Roasted Tomatoes 

Ingredients:
several ripe tomatoes (Roma, Beefsteak and Ugly varieties work well but I usually use Roma)
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt 

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325F.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.  Wash tomatoes and cut them in half horizontally.

Place tomatoes, cut sides up, on the parchment.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Roast in oven about 2-3 hours.  You're looking for the juices to concentrate and the tomatoes to have a caramelized or roasted look about them.

Allow tomatoes to cool and then store (either whole or diced) in the fridge in a container or zip top bag.  They freeze well too - Enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home