<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: Miss Jen's Spice Rub (gluten free)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Miss Jen's Spice Rub (gluten free)


Spice, Spice Baby!  

In an effort to remain true to my original Facebook post stating that I'd be posting "staples" this week, I wanted to post this gluten free spice rub recipe.

I use this rub primarily on fish, but I think it would be great on chicken too.  (Post in the comments and let me know if you use it on chicken or something else.  I'd love to know and try it myself!) 

The recipe makes a LOT.  I make a large batch and store it in a mason jar in the pantry.  I presume it would keep about 6 months to a year.  I've also given it as gifts in pint-sized jars.

I will be posting a recipe in the near future for Grilled Mahi with Apple Mango Salsa for which I specifically use this rub.  I've also crusted salmon filets in the rub and then pan fried in olive oil.  Delish....which reminds me... I need to do that again.

Hope you enjoy! 

Miss Jen's Spice Rub (gluten free) 

Ingredients:
1 cup smoked paprika (usually found in ethnic spice area at grocery stores)
1/2 cup garlic powder
1/2 cup onion powder
1/4 cup sea salt
1-1/2 cup coconut sugar (** see note below)

Instructions:
Mix everything together in a large bowl with a whisk.  If the coconut sugar is lumpy, press it with the back of a spoon and mix well.

Store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. 

** Note:  Coconut sugar, also known as coconut palm sugar and palm sugar, can be found at health foods stores or online.  It has a low Glycemic index and a subtle sweetness.  It reminds me of brown sugar, but doesn't contain any molasses.  Though it's not SCD legal, (the SCD diet only allows honey as a sweetener) we find it doesn't bother our tummies in the least, especially since we use it in such small amounts.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home