<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: No Grain, No Pain

Monday, August 1, 2011

No Grain, No Pain



Going grain free was no easy task...especially for a gluten-loving Italian. 

No pasta?!  NO BREAD?!?  Are you kidding?  Fugettaboutit.

Then intestinal problems came on the scene.  I'll spare you the details.  (Ahem)  For myself, indulging in a loaf little piece of crusty bread is worth doubling over in pain later - but not when it comes to my little girl.  In a desperate attempt to heal her intestines by reducing inflammation and repairing leaky gut - not to mention the desire to see her sleep through the night pain free - we decided to go grain free, refined sugar free, casein free, soy free, and a few other "frees".  

Saying "ciao" to butter, most cheeses, bread, pasta, and even alternative grains used in many gluten free recipes, has made such a difference for my daughter and me.  Almost immediately after making these dietary changes, she began sleeping through the night.  No more crouching over the toilet at 3:00 a.m. feeling like she's going to be sick.

Eventually, even the "Mommy, my tummy doesn't feel well" mantra that became our bedtime ritual began to happen with less frequency.  We still have some "bumps" along the way, but are thankful for the improvement God has allowed and are hopeful for continued recovery.

The links I've listed on this site have been a tremendous help to me.  In an effort to add some of our faves to the grain free cyber recipe pot and, in the hopes that in some small way, I might serve to encourage others with similar plights, "My Big Fat Grain Free Life" blog is born.  

I pray this blog will be of some use to those suffering from painful intestinal yuckiness.

- Jen

2 Comments:

At August 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Rita said...

Jen I have been searching the internet for some good food, finally I found your site. Everything looks sooooo good. Thank you for taking the time to post. It's killing me that I can't make it to the grocery store, my three little ones are napping. Your blog it at the top of my RSS feed. My son and daughter start preschool next week, and I will be cooking up some of your recipes. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Rita

 
At August 28, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Rita -

That's so kind of you to say. Thank YOU for taking the time to READ my posts. I'm shocked that anyone would. I'm new to all of this blogging stuff. I hope you enjoy the recipes. Let me know how they work for you! Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home