<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: Spiced Butternut Squash with Dried Cranberries and Toasted Pecans

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Spiced Butternut Squash with Dried Cranberries and Toasted Pecans

This recipe was inspired by a trip to the deli at my local Whole Foods.  They had Thanksgiving-inspired side dishes arranged in their deli cases calling my name.  This butternut squash was one of them.  

I simply had to try my hand at recreating it.  I think it would be a wonderful side dish at the holidays but is easy enough to make any day of the week.  

Spiced Butternut Squash with Dried Cranberries and Toasted Pecans

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4-5 cups cubed butternut squash

1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup toasted pecan pieces

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 450F.  (I like to preheat a large cast iron skillet in the oven so it sears the squash.) 

Toss butternut squash with olive oil in a large bowl.  In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices.  Pour the spices on the butternut and toss to coat.

Place spice-coated squash in preheated skillet.  Roast for about15 minutes.  Remove from oven and place squash in a large bowl.  Add cranberries and toasted pecans and mix well.  

Taste.  Adjust olive oil and seasonings to suit your taste. 

Enjoy.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 16, 2011 at 11:03 PM , Blogger HealBalanceLive said...

Oh My, this recipe just took my breath away :) It is on the menu for tomorrow and I can't wait!

 
At November 17, 2011 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Great! Let me know how it turns out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home